We arrived safely in San Pedro Sula, late last night (Friday), after an hour delay in Houston, waiting for a "first officer" to pilot the plane! The first thing I felt as we stepped out of the airport terminal was humidity--similar to walking into a steamy bathroom while someone is taking a hot shower. It immediately reminded me of Taiwan, where I grew up. This feeling continued today with the intensifying heat (37 deg C this afternoon) and humidity, as well as the tropical trees and flowers; and the "white knuckle," lay on the horn traffic! :)
We learned a lot today about Honduras and had an introduction to the various programs MCC supports, some of which we will visit in the next several days.
Here's a picture of the unique restaurant where we ate lunch today--delicious! There was a huge mango tree across the street, and someone was picking a few with a net-bucket on a long pole. That made me hungry for mango, so I bought two at the market we visited after lunch!
Glad to hear u arrived safely. Looking forward to reading of your adventures. Be safe! Charlotte
ReplyDelete