Sunday, April 15, 2012

FIVE!

Today, I'm experiencing a few twinges of worry about the trip.  Questions like, "Will we be safe?"  "Will I be robbed?"  "Will I get sick?"  "How much 'culture shock' will I experience?" are cropping up.  I will pray over these during my time of devotions before bedtime tonight.  I'm also reminded of a quote a friend recently shared, "Don't tell God how big your 'mountains' are.  Tell the 'mountains' how big your God is!!"

A couple of Honduran facts related to "5."
1.  The flag has five blue stars.  These stars represent the member states of the former Federal Republic of Central America--Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua.
2.  Honduras' agriculture-based economy is sometimes referred to as a "dessert economy" with its five major products being pineapple, bananas, coffee, melons, and sugar.*

*Information from MCC's fact sheet.


By Judy Reimer

No comments:

Post a Comment