Saturday, April 14, 2012

SIX!

As I write this post, severe weather--thunderstorms and tornadoes--are battering the state of Kansas.  In fact, a tornado passed within 5 miles or so of our home!  This made me wonder about the climate in Honduras.  Here's a bit of what I learned:

Like most tropical countries, Honduras has a rainy and a dry season.  Lucky for us on the MCC Learning Tour, the rainy season is generally from May to November in the central part of the country and September to January along the north coast.  Neither include April!  However, even though it might not be rainy during our visit, the weather will be warm-to-hot and very humid.  The average April temperature is around 90 deg. F with about 70 per cent humidity!!

Just one Honduran fact related to "6."
Honduras is one of the poorest countries in the western hemisphere.  About 65% of the population lives in poverty! 

I remember how the poorest people lived in Taiwan, during my time as a "missionary kid."  I wonder what we will see in Honduras. . . .

By Judy Reimer

No comments:

Post a Comment